Ozone is not uncommon in the world of water purification. We use it as part of our six-step purification process. This is done every morning in all our stores to ensure our water is clean, safe, and potable.
But what does it do and how does it work?
Ozone (O3) is an unstable form of pure oxygen and is a highly effective oxidising agent!
Once it combines with water, Ozone creates a broad-spectrum biocide that kills bacteria, viruses, and cysts – without the risk of a resistance build-up.
It has a track record of eliminating 99% of known viruses, including resilient and problematic soluble microorganisms like Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Streptococcus Faecalis, and E. coli.
This means that Ozone can oxidise organic material in bacterial membranes, weaken their cell walls, cause them to rupture, and result in their immediate death.
Ultimately, research shows that Ozone is 51% more effective than chlorine and kills viruses approximately 3-times faster.
1. What are the benefits of drinking Ozonated Water?
There are several benefits to drinking ozonated water. Not only does it remove chlorine, odours, and bacteria, but it also:
• May help treat patients with severe ischemia diseases, beginning with gangrene, burns, and infected wounds.
• May strengthen the immune system while reducing acute inflammation.
• May help with blood purification, regulating brain oxygen levels, treating arthritis, and warding off viral infections.
2. What are the environmental benefits of using Ozone as a disinfectant?
Ozone has a wide range of applications and is beneficial for the environment. These benefits include:
• No pollutants – the only ‘breakdown’ product is oxygen.
• Wastewater can safely re-enter waterways and surface drains.
• A significant drop in CIP (Cleaning in Place) procedures.
• Avoid dangerous halogens like chlorine and chlorine dioxide.
3. Why choose Oasis Water?
With more than 400 outlets across South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, and Namibia, we at Oasis aspire to provide local communities with safe and clean drinking water.