The Oasis Success Story
We have to admit that bottling water isn’t a new idea. We do however believe that our approach is unique and that we do in fact offer something completely different.
The Oasis Water concept sprung to life in 2003 with one store. The concept of bottling clean, safe drinking water at an affordable price was integrated with the additional benefit of refilling large containers. Friendly service completed the offering.
By the end of the next year another two stores had been added, reaffirming the fact that the Oasis concept was underpinned by sound business principles and offered a proven product. With these fundamentals in place it was decided that the best way to grow the business, the brand and entrepreneurial spirit within Oasis was through franchising.
- 2009 – Oasis becomes a full member of the Franchise Association of South Africa (FASA).
Full membership at PET Plastic Recycling South Africa (PETCO) is also obtained. As the first South African bottled water company to carry the PETCO logo on our bottles, we support initiatives for ongoing recycling in South Africa.
- 2010 – FASA awards Oasis with a special award as a Top 4 Finalist in the “Franchisor of the Year” competition from almost 500 franchise systems.
- 2011 – Oasis wins a 2nd place award for their participation in the International Franchise and Entrepreneurs Expo.
- 2014 – Oasis serves as a member of the South African Fruit Juice Association, a voluntary body serving the interests of the fruit juice industry. SAFJA promotes engagement between private sector and government departments.
- 2014 – The Kruger National Park extends an Award of Appreciation for Oasis in its support of the fight against rhino poaching.
2015 – One of our Directors, Naas du Preez, is elected by The Franchising Association of South Africa (FASA) to serve as their Chairman for 2016.
The Oasis brand and franchise has grown by leaps and bounds, offering many franchisees great new opportunities throughout South Africa, Namibia and Botswana.
The Oasis success story is concerned with the well-being of our planet and its people…. Refresh, Revive and Refill!
Did You Know?
The Oasis Water franchise network has an expanding footprint of more than 280 stores in South Africa as well as our neighbouring countries Namibia and Botswana. We successfully operate a product distribution network of more than 54,000km.
24 hours a day – 7 days a week – 365 days a year.
• Our PET bottles are BPA free and safe to use for refilling as well as for packaging purposes;
• Our product labels comply with the latest government regulation acts and standards;
• Our water is tested monthly by accredited laboratories;
• Our purification equipment is checked daily ensuring the highest product quality;
• Our bottled products are traceable to the point of manufacturing and the date of packing.
• We source employment from the local communities;
• We provide a source of sustainable income for more than 900 families;
• We proudly support South African companies;
• We are involved in social upliftment initiatives, creating opportunities for people within their communities.
• Your support of our refill concept can remove 150 million bottles each year from landfills;
• Your contribution to PETCO on each new bottle purchased, supports recycling;
• PETCO recycled in excess of 64 108 tons of plastic in 2014.
Who Is Oasis Water
Oasis strives to :
- Provide access to the best quality purified drinking water and other related products at a fair price.
- Attend to our customers with personalised service.
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Processes in hygienic environments.